1. What are cookies and how are they used on our site?
A cookie is a small text file used by websites which are sent to your device (PC, Smartphone, tablet…) and stored when you use your browser to navigate a website n order to help the site track your visits and activity and save important information about your visit.
- Insure the proper function of each web page.
- Save your preferences like language, personal settings…
- Understand your browsing experience.
- Gather anonymous statistics and data about page visits, time spent on site and page views etc.
Upon completing your registration and once you’ve signed in with your login details, you will be able to access services in your settings to adapt the service based on you preferences and the information you provided during registration as well as the cookies saved in your browser.
- Authentication cookies are temporary (session cookies) and not persistent. You can convert a session cookie to persistent by selecting “remember my login” in your settings if you’ve already registered.
- Session cookies are activated when you login and have a duration of 30 minutes since your last activity if you’ve registered.
- A cookie called “language” is created when you select your language preference and is activated for all users whether you are registered or not.
2. How can I manage my cookie settings?
How can I block or allow cookies?
At any time you can choose which cookies to allow during your session through:
- Your browser settings. For example:
- Chrome through http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer through http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internetexplorer-9
- Firefox through http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari through http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- There are third party tools online which allow users to detect cookies in each web site visited and manage the installation or disable them.